Serving Mankato, Fairmont and New Ulm, MN
We sell solid wood hardwood furniture. You really want hardwood furniture in every room of your house for very simple reasons:
- Hardwood furniture is beautiful. It is unique because the grain patterns from one piece to the next are made from actual wood. It is not printed paper pasted over particle board or MDF (medium density fiberboard).
- Hardwood furniture is strong. It does not absorb moisture like press board does which begins to fall apart after a while. Hardwood furniture naturally has better structural integrity than pine or other softwoods.
- Hardwood furniture goes along with better design and craftsmanship. Hard woods can be crafted into furniture that has more detail and unique features. And its worth it because it lasts and lasts. Generally speaking, craftsmen work with hardwoods. Assembly line nonskilled laborers work with particle board and MDF.
The kinds of wood that are used stay true to type. What we mean by this is specific wood species from North American forests are chosen and these wood types stay true to their own nature whether you make a purchase this year or wait for five more years. Oak is oak. It has its own rugged, more masculine beauty. In striking contrast is beautiful cherry. Cherry is more feminine, the graining is more refined and the naturally pink coloring is also attractive. Then you also have the more neutral hard or soft maple. These woods each have their unique features. But they don’t change. When you purchase a piece of furniture made from North American hardwood you know that you have quality that you can depend upon and other pieces can be added to your theme at any time.
Covered Bridge Furniture is made with quality construction techniques. Much of our furniture is purchased from Amish or Mennonite shops. It is true that it is made with modern quality machinery and not much is made with hand tools, but it is made by people who inspect each piece as it is processed. Also it is often made with quality cut joints such as dovetail or mortise and tenon jointery, which are better lasting by design. Simply put, it is made by people who give careful attention to their work.
Our furniture is finished with the best of wear resistant finishes. Some folks use a finish to cover up the inferior wood underneath. Our finishes are designed to bring out the natural beauty of the quality wood used and craftsmanship used in making the furniture. Many pieces are finished before they are assembled to prevent any shrinking or expansion caused by moisture changes. Finishes are an important part of quality furniture. Conversion varnishes and laquer are what our craftsmen use to ensure long lasting beauty. If normal wear or accidents occur, this kind of furniture and finish readily accept a touch up and look as good as new.
Hardwood furniture is made with ecology in mind. Present day logging has come a long way in ecological forestry techniques.
- First of all, much hardwood is select cut. Forestry agents mark specific trees or groups of trees to be harvested and care is taken to protect the growth of younger trees. This actually helps keep the forest disease resistant.
- Bark is removed to make mulch for landscaping.
- Slab wood is used for mulch, firewood or sent to paper mills.
- Sawdust is collected to make wood pellets
- Lumber is carefully handled to keep it from warping or becoming discolored.
- Finishes are formaldehyde-free and have low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- You receive a valuable piece of furniture that with proper care will last for years. These pieces do not go to fill landfills. They become heirlooms for another generation.
Your input is part of the design process. Our manufacturers are sensitive to your wishes. If you come up with an improvement or want a custom made piece we can make it happen. We have a wide variety of standard styles such as Mission, Quaker, Early American, Queen Anne or Contemporary but when you want something adapted or some special unique touch made to these we will work with you.
We offer a complete line of furniture. You can see some of our lineup here. Bedroom? Kitchen? Living Room? We offer the pieces you want. Different styles? Shaker? Mission? Or Queen Ann? We offer it or can get it for you. If you can’t find it, ask. We are more than happy to help you find what you need.
Our furniture is made 100% in U.S.A. The benefit is knowing that your money is going to support hardworking people in the United States.